St John's College
Old Testament / Hebrew Bible
Prof. Alison Salvesen
My research is focused on the rhetorical criticism to introduce an appropriate method for the Hebrew Bible and to identify distinctive rhetorical features that have been transmitted from the Hebrew Bible. I had studied for a BA and BS at Handong Global University in South Korea. I received a M.Div from Asbury Theological Seminary in USA, and a M.Phil (Distinction) from the University of Oxford.
- “Epigone.” In vol. 2, Historical and Theological Lexicon of the Septuagint. Edited by Eberhard Bons. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck (in progress).
- “Social Background of the Chronicles' Translator.” KJOTS 25.1 (2020): 174–198.
- “Rewritten Story on the Building of the Second Temple in 1 Esdras 5:53–62.” JSCS 51 (2018): 127–139.
- Kaiser, Walter C. 존엄하신 하나님. Translated by Un Sung Kwak and Joseph Hwang. Seoul, Korea: Christian Literature Center, 2017. Translation of The Majesty of God in the OLD TESTAMENT: A Guide for Preaching and Teaching. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2007.
Conference / Presentation:
- “Social Background of the Chronicles' Translator” Presented at the international meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. Helsinki, July 30-August 3, 2018.
- “The Guidance of the LXX Pentateuch on the LXX Chronicles” Presented at the Old Testament /Hebrew Bible Seminar at University of Oxford. 13 February, 2017.
- “Jeremiah’s Synthesis of the Slavery Law from H and D” Presented at the international meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. Seoul, July 2-7, 2016.
- “Rewritten Story on the Building of the Second Temple in 1 Esdras 5:53-62” Presented at the international meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. Seoul, July 2-7, 2016.
- Textual Criticism
- Ancient Languages
- Second Temple Period literature
- Documentary Papyri
- Theological Interpretation